7:30 am - 5:30 pm
7:30 am - 8:30 am
Preconference Continental Breakfast
Available for registrants of sessions 070 and 080.
8:30 am - 12:00 nn
Optional Half-Day Preconference Workshops (070-080)
Separate registration fee required (see fees).
J. Paul Seale, MD
Dana Seale, MAPP
- Describe motivational interviewing, an evidence-based communication model that facilitates positive behavior change.
- Discuss opportunities for using motivational interviewing in the CKD environment to address issues such as interdialytic weight gain, phosphorus management, treatment compliance, and lifestyle improvement.
- Practice motivational interviewing skills that empower patients to explore ambivalence and set specific personal goals for improving their health and quality of life.
Cancer in the Renal Dialysis Patient and the Renal Transplant Patient
Michelle Phelan, MSN, RN, ACNP-BC, AOCN
Deepak Mital, MD, MBA, FACS
- Identify risk factors for cancer in individuals with CKD and in post-transplant individuals.
- Discuss the effect of cancer treatment on CKD management and for post-transplant individuals.
- Examine the impact of cancer on morbidity and mortality in individuals with CKD and in post-transplant individuals.
12:15 pm - 1:15 pm
Lunch / Symposium (non-CNE program)
The Science of Biosimilars
Sponsored by Hospira, Inc.
1:30 pm - 4:15 pm
Rowena W. Elliott, PhD, RN, CNN, BC, CNE, AGNPBC, FAAN
- Define transformational leadership.
- Discuss the characteristics of a transformational leader.
- Identify important current issues in transition to leadership.
- Construct a personal plan to maximize leadership potential.
2:45 pm - 3:00 pm
4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Exhibits Open / Reception in Exhibit Hall